A Rare Glimpse

Sunday, August 22, 2004

Wedding #3

I went to my third wedding this summer. Kinda fun dressing up! It was Elaine and Kenneth's wedding, held yesterday at my church here in T.O. The bridal party was beautiful; the bridesmaids wore these pale pink dresses that were so pretty. And the bride's dress and veil were just lovely. Everyone's eyes were on the couple as they kissed and it was so cute. :)

Makes me nervous to think of when/if I get married, all those people watching! I don't like being the centre of attention in front of a huge crowd of people...guess I won't have to worry about that for awhile yet. Although, my great aunt and uncle have already asked me several times whether I've started dating anyone special! They're so adorable! As long as they don't play matchmaker, I won't mind their meddling. Haha.

Back to Elaine's wedding, or rather, the evening reception. It was a chinese dinner served western-style, making the dinner process last almost four hours! The wedding party next door had already been dancing the night away for a few hours, and we hadn't even finished eating. (I'm a "banana" through and through, so I think I'd prefer a western meal.) Anyways, it was enjoyable at least...not boring. People got to play games on the bride and groom. I think some of the games were just a little indecent and there's no way anyone is going to do that to me on my wedding day. I figure, if I'm getting married, I should be the one entertained. Just like the wedding I went to last summer, guests will have to work for their entertainment, and in the process, entertain me. :)

Meh...enough of my babbling. More of my thoughts for another day.